We have two goals today…
- Choose a copy of Hoot and/or The Hobbit.
- Attach a post-it with your name on the front cover.
- Scan your book with Ms. Andria.
Part 2: We start our hands-on projects next week; let’s get planning with Hoot!
We only had two suggestions for activities based on Hoot so we’ll have time for both. Next week we will be begin construction on “Mother Paula’s All-American Pancake House.” Here’s the catch… Mother Paula is going green. We’ll create a billboard advertising this new angle and the menu will feature fresh, healthy, and locally-sourced foods. For today…
- Create a sketch of what Mother Paula’s green initiative advertisement might look like. (Next week we’ll meet in the hallway to paint the life-sized billboard.)
- Write blog comments with menu suggestions. You can copy & paste links to recipes and add your own Hoot-based names. I recommend using recipes from Food Network and Williams-Sonoma. Remember, Mother Paula is going green so we want to use seasonal and local produce. Bananas? Pineapples? No way! Think about & research what will grow in New York in autumn so less fossil fuels are used in shipping. Not sure, check out some local farms: Sang Lee and Garden of Eve.